The Neuro Rehab Group (NRG) are a collaboration of four successful therapy companies with a shared vision and core values.
Our vision is to provide highly specialised, yet cost effective, interdisciplinary assessment and rehabilitation to people of all ages who have sustained a brain injury. Driven by our client’s goals, we will clearly demonstrate progress over an agreed timescale.
At the heart of NRG are our core values:
- We celebrate with you as you achieve each step taken on your rehab journey.
- We bring energy and we’re a dynamic team, who are focussed on breaking down the barriers to support you through the journey ahead.
- We understand that a person is not an island, but connected at multiple levels. Therefore, effective communication within the system can be key to bringing about positive change.
- NRG provide a service that is about you. We will work in partnership with you to achieve the goals that are meaningful to you.
What makes us different?
NRG’s unique collaboration allows us to remain completely independent. We will remain completely independent from one another and retain our own autonomy. However, we value and respect one another’s approach and for that reason we have come together to offer clients an interdisciplinary service and a shared way of working with proven positive results..
We believe in functional goals which are set in collaboration with the client and their families. Functional goals are meaningful and once completed the client has a sense of achievement and can reflect on their success.
We can apply our varied experience, positive outlook, and problem solving approach to support people to achieve functional goals that improve their quality of life.
How do we work?
- We are led by the client, to set functional goals and agree how progress will be measured.
- We share information and communicate clearly to ensure a collaborative approach.
- We take an energetic and creative approach that is flexible to the client’s changing needs.
- We follow through on agreements and promises we make, and keep those involved updated if things change.
- We are upfront and transparent about our costs.
- We are prepared to step back if priorities change.
- We are experienced in managing challenging behaviour. We take a non-judgemental approach to understanding the behaviour and how distressing it can be for all involved.
Meet The Team
Consultanat Speech and Language Therapist
Tracey is based near Wolverhampton and covers the Midlands and Wales. Tracey qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist in 1996 with a BSc in Speech and Language Pathology from Strathclyde University. She worked for the NHS initially specialising with children with complex additional needs and also adults with learning disabilities.
Tracey started working in 2011 in independent practice with children and adults with acquired brain injury.
Tracey’s special interest is working with children and adults who have communication support needs with associated behaviours which are challenging to manage.
In addition to supporting client’s with their communication difficulties Tracey also has extensive experience supporting clients with eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties.
Consultanat Speech and Language Therapist
Rachel is based in Manchester. She qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist in 2008. Rachel worked in the NHS and left in 2013 to set up her own independent therapy practice.
Rachel has worked with children and adults with complex needs both in the community and in specialist rehabilitation facilities.
Rachel has a passion for working with people who have communication support needs, and loves to embrace technology in all areas of her practice. She is experienced and qualified in treating dysphagia in both paediatrics and adults and brings expertise in the field of cognitive communication disorder (high level language difficulties).
Consultant Occupational Therapist
Andrea has bases in Redditch and St Helens, and covers the North West and Midlands. She has worked with people with brain injuries in a variety of roles since 2000, and qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 2011.
Andrea set up her own independent therapy practice in 2014.
Andrea has worked with children and adults with complex and diverse needs in specialist rehabilitation facilities, and in a variety of community settings.
Andrea enjoys working with people of all ages, and embraces working with families. She has special interests and expertise in Sensory Integration and cognitive rehabilitation.
Dr Kit Mistry
Consultant Clinical Psychologist in Neuropsychology
Kit is a Specialist Clinical Psychologist in Neuropsychology and covers both the Midlands and the North West.
Kit has worked across the entire neurorehabilitation pathway provided by the National Health Service and has experience of working in acute and post-acute inpatient settings, outpatient clinics, as well as community brain injury rehabilitation units.
Kit set up his own independent practice in 2014 and provides neuropsychological intervention and rehabilitation within the private sector and the medico-legal sector as a treating clinician. He is experienced working with adults and children.